Summer Break: Day 41 – Lonsdale Quay, Chinatown, Korean BBQ. =D


Today was a another car trip.  I woke up at 9:30AM, and we did our own thing until 11:30AM.  My grandma was out with my parents to go for an eye appointment at 8:40AM in New Westminster, so they came back at around 10:15AM.  At 11:30AM, we headed out to Deer Garden for lunch.  Since I have never mentioned this restaurant before in my blog, you may have thought that I have not been here before, but I have…like 3 years ago.  This was because my dad banned it due to our one experience there that made us wait 45 minutes for a table that could have been ready in 10 minutes.  Anyways, it seems that my dad has “unbanned” it for some reason that I do not know.  The dishes were quite big and tasted pretty good.

After lunch, we went home to drop off my grandma, who did not want to go out with us.  At 12:45PM, we left to go to Lonsdale Quay, a place I haven’t been to in quite a long time…maybe like a year ago or two.  Anyways, the car ride was about 45 minutes long, and we got there at around 1:45PM.  We walked around the quay for about an hour and a half before getting bored.  After that, we left for Chinatown.  That took about 20 minutes to get there.  When we got there, we bought some oranges and went to pay our respects to my grandfather (on my mom’s side) in Chinatown.  We went back to the parkade (where we parked) and bought bread on the way to get a free hour of parking, or in other words, free parking, as we did not stay for over an hour.  We left at 3:30PM for home as my brother had to go to work at 5:45 or so.  We took the Barnet Highway instead of the Trans-Canada Highway.  We got home at around 4:15PM.  I listened to some music in the living room, and when my brother left, at around 5:15PM, I decided to take a nap for an hour.  After that, we left for dinner.

For dinner, we ate at Insadong, a Korean BBQ restaurant.  It was SO good.  There was lots of meat, and the kimchi was very very good.  I drank so much tea, that I had to go to the washroom, too.  The only thing that was not so good was the bill, which came to a total of about $120.

When we got back, my uncle wanted to play a movie, so we watched Inception =D, which I already watched, but it was good.  Anyways, that took a while, so by the time it ended, it was around 1AM.  Now, I have to go take a shower, and go to sleep!



Just some guy on the Internet that writes code for fun and for a living, and also collects anime figures.

Articles: 266

Feel free to leave a reply